Sometimes a trip to Disney leaves you wondering about the sunshine state!
Although the weather is usually amazing, it does rain in Orlando! Boy does it rain…..
A good heavy downpour can last a few minutes, few hours or at times a few days!
Faced with a choice of watching 300 channels of cable TV in your luxury vacation home or hotel suite, you may as well shoot to the car and head off somewhere fun!
While the tourism center is geared up for outdoor fun, you’d be surprised how well set up the area is if it rains!
Here’s a list of our Top 10 Rainy Day Tips for Disney:
- Go to the theme parks!****
- Browse Walmart for a few hours!
- Head to the Florida Mall
- Chill out in your oom then take in an evening show
- Visit one of the I-Drive exhibits (Ripley’s/Titanic etc)
- Take in a Movie at CityWalk
- Check out Basspro Store (Nr Premium Outlets I-Drive)
- Plan a meal around the storms
- Get an App with doppler (the storm may pass in 10mins!)
- Keep away from trees and water in Lightning!
**** One of the best ways to beat the theme park crowds is to grab a poncho from inside the theme parks and stay stay stay!
Keep an eye on your doppler map on your cell phone and watch the whole storm blow over in most cases.
If the rain does linger, brave it out as the park will empty quickly, leaving you with line free waits.
Some attractions may close due to the weather, particularly if there’s a lightning storm but there will still be lots to enjoy if you are patient!
- Top 10 Orlando Vacation Tips (top10orlando.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Things to Do in Orlando – Away From the Parks (top10orlando.wordpress.com)
- Best weather Guide to Orlando (totalorlando.com)