Tourists head to Orlando in the millions for two essential reasons: Sun and Fun!
The theme parks offer the best portion of fun, without doubt, but there’s more to Orlando than that!
While we wouldn’t dream of suggesting in some nerdy kind of way that we should ll head off for two weeks into the countryside for some soul searching peace and quiet, we think you might enjoy a few of our alternative activities once or twice in a vacation.
We have only scratched the surface, there’s so much to do, so do some additional research too and make good use of the online guides that we’ve added to the end of the blog post if you need somewhere to start looking.
Top 10 things to do in Orlando beyond the parks
- Airboat Ride on Florida’s waterways
- Trip to Cocoa Beach (Ron Jon Surf School lessons available too)
- Fly in an old aircraft – Fantasy of Flight
- Drive a NASCAR – Richard Petty Driving School
- Dolphin Swim – Discovery Cove
- See the Atlantis Space Shuttle – Kennedy Space Centre
- Check out sports and music events at the Amway Center
- La Nouba – Crique du Soleil
- Old Town – Classic Cars each Saturday Night
- Mini Golf – Several options (best is Disney’s Winter Summerland)
- Gun Range (great for Brits!)
Here are a few good resources to help you navigate your way to family activities beyond the parks.
Everyone has different preferences, so make a start by searching for your chosen activities!
- Top 10 Kids First Roller Coasters in Orlando (top10orlando.wordpress.com)
- Best Orlando Restaurants – Cheap Eat Guide to Orlando! (bestorlandorestaurants.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Theme Park Rides in Orlando (top10orlando.wordpress.com)
- Beyond The Parks in Orlando (totalorlando.com)
- Orlando Things to do Guide (visitorlando.com)