Today on Facebook, Universal Studios posted a dream ticket competition to view the backstage magic of the Harry Potter Films in London!
The trip includes;
- Return flights to London
- Airport Pickup
- Three Nights accommodation in London
- Transfers between the Hotel and the Warner Bros Studios
- Four tickets to the Studio Tours
- Travel Insurance
Fantastic PR, had everyone buzzing!
Except if you lived outside the USA!
Rather short sightedly, the online form to enter the competition offered countries from a drop-down list, but wouldn’t accept UK or Canadian postcodes.
Puzzled Universal fans haves started kicking back on Facebook, confused by a business that doesn’t mind taking money from guests abroad.
The Devil is in the detail! – Terms State US Citizens Only!
Well, Universal Certainly score an own goal in Quidditch with this one!
- Harry Potter = British!
- JK Rowling = British!
- 750,000 Guests a year = British!
Excerpt from rules
1. Eligibility. The Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
Universal need to return to Hogwarts to learn the basics of Public Relations!